Add a touch of style to laundry day…
‘Tis the season to line-dry washing! When the sun comes out, but the chores still need to be done, the perfect excuse to get out in the garden is to hang out the washing. Freshly sun-dried washing always smells and feels luxurious – infinitely more pleasurable than the machine-dried variety - plus it’s ecologically friendly, so your conscience can enjoy it too!
To add a touch of style to your laundry day, Ulster Weavers’ range of gorgeous laundry bags look good around the house and help you to keep things nice and tidy. Part of the Designers Guild range, the Chinoiserie design features stunning watercolour blossom branches in vibrant inky tones, while Couture Rose depicts large-scale rose blooms reminiscent of Parisian haute couture in rich shades of pink and yellow. https://www.ulsterweavers.com/couture-rose-laundry-bag.
Practically speaking the bags have two strong handles, so they are easy to manoeuvre, and a PVC-lined inner and can easily be kept wiped clean with a damp cloth. Both of these Designers Guild fabrics come in a co-ordinating ironing board and peg bag. https://www.ulsterweavers.com/chinoiserie-ironing-board-cover
As well as these beautiful prints, we like to bring a touch of fun to our homeware ranges and nothing shows this off more perfectly than our cute and quirky peg-bags. If you’re an animal-lover then there’s bound to be a character to suit whether you prefer cats or chickens, bumble bees or bears. These useful peg-bags are sure to bring a smile to wash days and have plenty of space to store your pegs, plus a handy hook so that it’s suspended within reach on the washing line when you most need it. https://www.ulsterweavers.com/laundry-cleaning/peg-bags
Once you’re equipped with the latest laundry accessories, you can get your wash on in style and take heed of our top tips for tip-top laundry:
- It’s always frustrating to lose a favourite item of clothing to a stubborn stain, so make sure you tackle any likely lingering marks as soon as possible. Make sure you put it into soak with a stain remover straight away before washing.
- Don’t overfill the machine! It may sound obvious, but it’s so important if you want to avoid excessive creasing and make sure everything is thoroughly washed.
- Be environmentally friendly! Sometimes we wash things after a single wear or as a refresh if it’s been confined to a cupboard for too long. In this situation, choose a cool wash as it will still work perfectly well.
- Clean your machine! It’s worth running a washing machine cleaning solution through it every few months to clear out excess dirt and soap residue. Do you really want to put your clothes in a dirty washer?
- Wash and dry dark items inside out to avoid fading.
For more inspiration on bringing a little sunshine into your home and garden this summer see our full range of products and gift ideas https://www.ulsterweavers.com/seasonal/summer.